Vienna Airport Flight Delays or Cancellations
For Vienna Airport flight delays or cancellations, you may have the right to compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004.
You may demand up to 600€ from the airlines.
Vienna Airport Flights’ Delayed or Cancelled
Here is all you need to know when your Vienna Airport flight was delayed or cancelled. You may have the right to compensation or refund from the airlines.
You may be eligible for flight delay compensation if …
- your flight arrived with a delay of more than 3 hours
- you have been departed from an EU airport
- you arrived at an EU airport with an EU-registered airline
- the delay was not due to any extraordinary circumstances
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
Enter your flight and check how much you can claim: Check your flight for free.
What should you do if your flight was delayed?
- ✔ ask the airline for the reason behind flight disruption
- ✔ get a confirmation in writing from the airlines' customer service
- ✔ note the actual arrival time (i.e., when the plane door was opened)
- ✔ collect additional evidence (e.g. photos, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- ✔ enter your flight details into our claim form
- ✔ check if you are eligible for compensation
- ✔ assign us with your case for a hassle-free claim (we work on a "No Win = No Fee" basis)
Passenger Rights under EU 261 Rule
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines for longer flight delays, cancellations and denied boarding due to overbooking.
In these cases, you can claim compensation, if the airline was responsible for …
- ➤ flight delays: if you reached the final destination with more than 3 hours delay.
- ➤ flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without any prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days of departure.
- ➤ denied boarding: if you were denied to board your flight due to overselling of flight tickets.
- ➤ missed connecting flight: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Whereas, if the flight disruptions were caused due to some extraordinary circumstances there is no compensation.
Examples of such circumstances include security threats, strike, tsunami, extreme bad weather conditions, or any 'Act of God'.
To read more about your right to reimbursement, continue reading at EC261 - EU air passenger rights.
Vienna Airport Flight Delays
You are eligible for plane delay compensation if ...
- ✔ your flight had 3+ hours delay at the arrival airport, i.e., at the final destination
- ✔ you were departed from EU airport, or arrived at EU airport with EU-registered airline
- If you travel up to 1,500 km or less, then you can claim up to 250€
- And over 1,500 km, you can claim up to 400€
Between EU Airport And Non-EU Airport:
- If you travel up to 1,500 km or less, then you can claim up to 250€
- If the distance is between 1,500 - 3,500 km, then you can claim up to 400€
- And, if the distance is over 3500 km and the delay goes beyond 4 hours, you can claim financial compensation up to 600€
You may be interested in this topic: An Ultimate Guide on Flight Delay Compensation
Rights for departure delays
When the flight delays over 2 hours during departure, the airline must offer you ...
- free meals and refreshments
- 2 free calls, email or fax service
For flight delays of more than 5 hours
- you should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of the ticket cost (which should be credited within 7 working days), if you were not willing to travel
- hotel accommodation and transport facility between airport and hotel for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary
In addition to it, if you reached your final destination with a delay of more than 3 hours, you are entitled to compensation too, from the airline.
You may be interested in this topic: My flight was delayed, what are my rights?
Vienna Airport Flight Cancellations
If your flight was cancelled without prior notice of at least 14 days, you may ask for flight cancellation compensation or get a refund.
There are two options available for you to choose from ...
- You can either apply for a ticket refund, or
- You may ask for the change of flight or an alternate flight.
If your alternate or replacement flight gets delayed beyond the scheduled arrival time, you are entitled to cancelled flight compensation.
The amount varies between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- length of delay, and
- route distance
You may be interested in this topic: My flight was cancelled, can I claim compensation?
Denied Boarding due to Overbooking
If you were denied boarding, you may be eligible for compensation under the European Regulation EC261 up to 600€ if …
- you have presented yourself on time for check-in, and
- you have a valid flight reservation and travel documentation, and
- you were denied boarding due to overbooking (overselling of flight tickets), and
- you didn't voluntarily give up your seat
If you were denied to board the flight due to overbooking, you should be re-routed to the earliest available flight.
Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of the ticket cost (which should be credited in the next 7 working days), if you are not willing to travel.
If you had been stranded at the airport for your replacement flight, it's your right to ask for free:
- meals and refreshments
- 2 calls, email or fax service
- hotel accommodation and transport facility (for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary)
Missed Connecting Flight
A connecting flight is a flight booked under one booking number or in one booking event.
You may be eligible for missed flight compensation up to 600€ under the European Union Regulation EC261, if …
→ the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a problem on your first flight, and
→ the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
Am I eligible to claim compensation?
EC Regulation 261/2004 is European law, it applies to EU airspace. You do not have to be an EU citizen to claim delayed flight compensation.
It states that you can claim for flights departed from an airport located in the EU Member States (with any airline), or arrived at an airport located in the EU Member States with an EU regulated airline.
|Origin and Destination||EU Airline||Non-EU Airline|
|EU ✈ EU||✅||✅|
|EU ✈ Non-EU||✅||✅|
|Non-EU ✈ EU||✅||❌|
|Non-EU ✈ Non-EU||❌||❌|
Thus you are eligible for compensation under EC 261 Regulation.
Calculate the amount airlines’ owes you
Passengers are often unaware of their rights and end up claiming a futile amount compared to what they are entitled to claim.
At “Claim Flights” we facilitate free flight delay compensation calculator. It helps you to calculate the amount that you can demand from the airline.
You can check for free the amount to claim from the airlines.
How to proceed with your claim?
✔ Gather proof of flight disruption
- ➔ get a confirmation in writing from the airlines
- ➔ take photos of the flight information board
- ➔ gather contact details of co-passengers (who can act as a witness)
✔ Keep your documents ready
- ➔ flight documents (flight ticket, boarding pass)
- ➔ receipts or bills of additional costs (e.g. taxi, food & meals, and accommodation)
✔ Request compensation
How to claim compensation for Vienna Airport delays?
In general, when passengers approach the airline, they were excused with reasons such as 'extraordinary circumstances', thus no compensation.
But, we know the actual reason behind the flight disruptions and help you with your claim.
To proceed with your claim, check your flight in our compensation checker tool.
All you have to do is provide us with your flight number, date of journey, and some further information.
If you further decide to claim through us, provide us with your personal details and assign us by signing the digital contract.
We work on a "No Win = No Fee" basis. You don't need to pay anything if we are not successful. You will not have financial risk. You pay only if we get money.
Our claim experts will work with various other teams to collect data so that everything goes smoothly.
Our claim experts have access to flight information such as the time by which the flight was delayed, the reason behind it, flights departure and arrival time, etc. making us more likely to win the compensation.
Don't be late, claim for your rights today
Why choose "Claim Flights"?
- ✔ No win = No fees. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- ✔ No additional legal fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- ✔ Close to 100% success in court
- ✔ Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- ✔ Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- ✔ Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Vienna International Airport
Vienna International Airport has a heavy air traffic of commuters and cargo traffic. Many airlines are operating through Vienna international airport to numerous destinations in many countries. The airport is mostly crammed between 3 am to 10 am and commuters travelling at these hours of the day face lot of inconveniences.
Dr. Mirko C. Ulbrich