London Gatwick Delays or Cancellations
For Gatwick flight delays or cancellations, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ under EU law EC 261.
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim.
Gatwick flight delay or cancellation rights
Are you one of the victims facing delays or cancellations, left stranded at London Gatwick Airport, and don’t know how to go about it?
Here is all you need to know when your flight was delayed or cancelled. You may have the right to compensation or refund from the airlines.
You may be eligible for flight delay compensation if …
- You reached the final destination later than 3 hours
- You were departed from Gatwick Airport
- You arrived at Gatwick Airport with EU-registered airline
- And, the delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
How much you can claim?
What to do if your flight was delayed or cancelled?
- Ask the airline for a reason behind flight disruption
- Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- Note the actual arrival time, when you landed at the final destination
- Collect additional evidence (e.g. photos, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- Check if you are eligible for compensation
- Assign us with your case for a hassle-free claim
Passenger Rights under EU 261 Rule
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines for longer flight delays, cancellations and denied boarding due to overbooking.
In these cases, you can claim compensation, if the airline was responsible for …
- ✔ flight delays: if you reached the final destination with more than 3 hours delay
- ✔ flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without any prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days of departure
- ✔ denied boarding: if you were denied to board your flight due to overselling of flight tickets.
- ✔ missed connecting flight: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Whereas, if the flight disruptions were caused due to some extraordinary circumstances there is no compensation.
Examples of such circumstances include strike action (pilot strike, air traffic control strike etc), security threats, tsunami, extreme bad weather conditions, or any ‘Act of God’.
London Gatwick Flight Delays
Under EU Regulation 261/2004, you are entitled to financial compensation or refund for longer flight delays.
Let’s understand, under what circumstances you can claim compensation and when you can ask for a refund.
Your rights for Gatwick arrivals delays
For flight delays over three hours on arrivals, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ (or £510).
How much can you claim for Gatwick Airport delays?
The amount that you can claim depends on the length of the delay and distance of your flight:
|Origin and Destination||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|Within EU||Less than 1500 km||250€|
|Over 1500 km||400€|
|Between EU Airport – Non EU Airport||Less than 1500km||250€|
|Between 1500 to 3500 km||400€|
|Over 3500 km||600€|
Your rights for departure delays
When the flight delays over 2 hours, the airline must offer you …
- free meals and refreshments
- 2 free phone calls, and access to email or fax
For flight delays of more than 5 hours
- You should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively if you were not willing to travel, you can ask for a refund.
- For an overnight delay or when stay becomes necessary, hotel accommodation and transport facility is the airlines’ responsibility.
London Gatwick Flight Cancellations
Under EU law, you could be eligible for compensation or a refund for flight cancellations without prior notice of at least 14 days.
These are the two available options for you to choose …
- You can either apply for a refund, or
- You may ask for an alternate flight.
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation. You can claim compensation between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- length of delay, and
- route distance
How much you can claim?
Missed Flight Connection
You may be eligible for missed flight compensation up to 600€ under the European Union Regulation EC261, if …
- the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a delay or cancellation of your first flight, and
- the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
How to claim compensation for LGW delays?
- To proceed, check if you can claim using our compensation checker tool.
- Enter your flight number, date of journey, and some further information.
- For a hassle-free claim, assign us your case by signing the digital contract.
- Our claim experts will take all your hassles, and claim on behalf of you.
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today
Why choose “Claim Flights”?
- No win = No fees. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Let us fight for your rights !
Useful Information On:
London Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Airport is known to be the second busiest airport in London as well as in the United Kingdom after London Heathrow Airport in terms of passenger traffic.
It is one of the leading airports for operating direct flights. It has the busiest single-use runway, with a maximum of 55 flights movements per hour.
As per the Wikipedia report, in 2018, 46.1 million passengers passed through the airport, a 1.1% increase compared with 2017.
The IATA code of Gatwick Airport is “LGW”.
Hub, and Base
Gatwick Airport, London serves as a base for EasyJet, British Airways, Norwegian Air Shuttle, TUI Airways, and Virgin Atlantic Airlines.
Gatwick Airport Terminals
Gatwick Airport has two terminals, North Terminal and South Terminal. Both are connected, whereas not after the security check.
North Terminal: Whether you are travelling for holiday or business, you will find all the facilities at this terminal such as hotels, car parking, shops, communication, and self-service facilities.
South Terminal: There are a huge variety of facilities available at this terminal too. It is hugely beneficial from modern security solutions. It has plenty of space and requirements for any traveler, from WiFi service to shopping and dining facilities.
Both the terminals have shops, restaurants and there are different kinds of facilities provided for children, business travellers and for disabled passengers.
There are a number of low-cost transfers available to the airport, you can reach easily by taxis.
List of Airlines & Flights Destinations
|EasyJet||Spain||Alicante, Barcelona, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Malaga, Tenerife, Gibraltar, Gran Canaria, Murcia, Palma de Mallorca, Madrid, Seville, Valencia|
|Italy||Bari, Catania, Bologna, Brindisi, Naples, Verona, Milan (Linate & Malpensa), Palermo, Pisa, Rome-Fiumicino, Venice|
|France||Lyon, Nantes, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Nice, Bordeaux, Marseille, Montpellier, Toulouse|
|United Kingdom||Aberdeen, Belfast, Glasgow, Inverness, Isle of Man, Edinburgh|
|Germany||Stuttgart, Berlin-Schonefeld, Hamburg, Munich, Zurich|
|Portugal||Faro, Lisbon, Funchal|
|Israel||Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion|
|British Airways||Spain||Alicante, Barcelona, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Malaga, Seville, Tenerife, Valencia|
|Italy||Genoa, Naples, Rome-Fiumicino, Turin, Venice, Verona|
|United States||New York-JFK, Orlando, Tampa|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Port of Spain, Tobago|
|Portugal||Faro, Funchal, Porto|
|United Kingdom||Edinburgh, Glasgow|
|Dominician Republic||Punta Cana|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||Basseterre|
|Costa Rica||San Jose|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Osbourn|
|Norwegian Air Shuttle||Spain||Alicante, Barcelona, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Madrid, Malaga, Palma De Mallorca, Tenerife|
|United States||Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Oakland, New York-JFK, Orlando, San Juan|
|Norway||Bergen, Oslo-Gardermoen, Stavanger, Tromso, Trondheim|
|Virgin Atlantic||United States||Las Vegas, Orlando-MCO|
|Grenada||Saint George Parish|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Osbourn|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Tobago|
|Vueling||Spain||Asturias, Barcelona, Bilbao, Santiago de Compostela|
|France||Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
|Ryanair||United Kingdom||Belfast, Cork, Dublin, Shannon|
|Air Transat||Canada||Calgary, Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver|
|Royal Air Maroc||Morocco||Casablanca, Marrakech, Rabat|
|TAP Portugal||Portugal||Lisbon, Porto|
Gatwick Airport Check-in
For Gatwick Airport departure and arrivals takes place at both the terminals: South and North. At the entrance of the terminals, you can find your check-in desks over the information boards.
Gatwick Airport News
Get all the latest news or updates on scheduled flights, arrivals and departures etc. on their official website.
Gatwick Airport Address
Address: Horley, Gatwick RH6 0NP
If you have any further questions to determine whether you can claim or not, read the following guides.
International Legal Strategist