Stansted Airport Delays or Cancellations
For Stansted Airport flight delays or cancellations, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ under EU law EC 261.
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim.
Stansted flight delay or cancellation rights
Are you one of the victims facing Stansted Airport flight delays or cancellations, and don’t know how to go about it?
Here is all you need to know when your flight was cancelled or delayed. You may have the right to compensation or refund from the airlines.
You may be eligible for compensation if …
- You reached the final destination later than 3 hours
- You have been departed from Stansted Airport
- You arrived at Stansted Airport with an EU-registered airline
- And, the delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
How much you can claim?
What to do if your flight to Stansted Airport delays?
- Ask the airline for a reason behind it.
- Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- Note the actual arrival time, when you landed at the final destination
- Collect additional evidence (e.g. photos, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- Check if you are eligible for compensation
- Assign us with your case for a hassle-free claim
Passenger Rights under EU 261 Rule
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines, if the airline was responsible for …
- ✔ flight delays: if you reached the final destination with more than 3 hours delay
- ✔ flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without any prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days of departure
- ✔ denied boarding: if you were denied to board a flight despite having a valid flight reservation due to overbooking.
- ✔ missed connecting flight: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Whereas, if the flight disruptions were caused due to some extraordinary circumstances there is no compensation.
Examples of such circumstances include strike action (pilot strike, air traffic control strike, etc), security threats, tsunami, extreme bad weather conditions, or any ‘Act of God’.
London Stansted Airport flight delays
Under EU Regulation 261/2004, you are entitled to financial compensation or refund for longer flight delays.
Let’s understand, under what circumstances you can claim compensation and when you can ask for a refund.
Stansted Airport arrivals delay
For flight delays over three hours on arrivals, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ (or £510).
How much can you claim for London Stansted delays?
The amount that you can claim depends on the length of the delay and distance of your flight:
|Origin and Destination||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|Within the EU||Less than 1500 km||250€|
|Over 1500 km||400€|
|Between EU Airport – Non EU Airport||Less than 1500km||250€|
|Between 1500 to 3500 km||400€|
|Over 3500 km||600€|
Stansted Airport departure delays
When the flight delays over 2 hours, the airline must offer you …
- free meals and refreshments
- 2 free phone calls, and access to email or fax
For flight delays of more than 5 hours
- You should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively if you were not willing to travel, you can ask for a refund.
- For an overnight delay or when stay becomes necessary, hotel accommodation and transport facility is the airlines’ responsibility.
Stansted Airport Flight Cancellations
If you were informed about Stansted cancelled flight without prior notice of at least 14 days, you can either apply for a refund, or you may ask for an alternate flight.
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation. You can claim compensation between 125€ and 600€ depending upon ….
- days you were informed before
- length of delay, and
- route distance
Know your rights if your flight is cancelled !
Missed Flight Connection
You may be eligible for missed flight compensation up to 600€ under the European Union Regulation EC261, if …
- the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a delay or cancellation of your first flight, and
- the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
How to claim compensation for Stansted flight delays?
We are specialized in helping air passengers get their compensation from the airline.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further information,and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf by representing you in front of the airline.
- After checking the details and cause of the delay or cancellation, we will take care of the whole process.
- If we do get your compensation, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT.
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today
Why choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win = No fees. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Let us fight for your rights !
Useful Information On:
London Stansted Airport
Stansted Airport is located in Stansted Mountfitchet, 42 miles northeast of Central London. Since 2013, it’s owned and operated by Manchester Airports Group, before it was owned by BAA.
Stansted Airport is known to be the 4th busiest airport in the United Kingdom in terms of the number of passengers carried, after London Heathrow, London Gatwick and Manchester Airport.
It serves as a base for the number of low-cost airlines. Whereas, it’s the largest base for Ryanair, the low-cost carrier, which takes passengers to more than 130 destinations across Europe and the World.
As per the Wikipedia report, in 2018, the total passengers’ traffic at Stansted Airport was around 28 million passengers.
IATA & ICAO Code
IATA code of Stansted Airport is “STN” and the ICAO code is “EGSS”.
Stansted Airport Terminal & Satellite Buildings
The airport has one main terminal and 3 separate passenger satellite buildings in which the gates are located. One of the buildings is connected by air-bridge and the other two is connected by Airport Transit System.
The main terminal is divided into three sections: check-in desk and main concourse located at the front, Departures located at back left and Arrivals located at back right.
A newly built additional building in 2016 called APV (Advanced Passenger Vehicle) used by Ryanair during peak hours.
|Airport Satellite Building||Gates||Assigned to…|
|Satellite 1||1-19||most of the airlines, except Ryanair.|
|Satellite 2||20-39||Ryanair, Lauda and Jet2 airlines.||81-88||Used for UK domestic flights and some international departures|
|Satellite 3||40-59||Ryanair Airlines|
|APV||90-93||Ryanair, during peak hours|
Stansted Airport Check-in
The check-in zone is available at the front of the main terminal. Please check the information board to find out which check-in desks you need. The airport also has an online check-in facility for your own comfort.
Stansted Airport Destination
|Ryanair||Spain||Almeria, Ibiza, Girona, Alicante, Barcelona, Castellón, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Madrid, Malaga, Murcia, Palma, Reus, Santander, Santiago de Compostela, Seville, Tenerife, Valencia, Zaragoza, Almería, Girona|
|Italy||Alghero, Comiso, Ancona, Bari, Bergamo, Bologna, Brindisi, Genoa, Lamezia Terme, Milan–Malpensa, Naples, Palermo, Perugia, Pescara, Pisa, Rome, Trieste, Turin, Venice, Verona, Alghero|
|France||Brive, Grenoble, Bergerac, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Carcassonne, Dinard, Poitiers, Toulouse, Brive-la-Gaillarde, Clermont-Ferrand, Dole|
|Poland||Bydgoszcz,Gdańsk, Katowice, Kraków, Lodz, Olsztyn-Mazury, Poznań, Rzeszow, Szczecin, Warsaw, Wrocław|
|Germany||Berlin, Bremen, Cologne, Dortmund, Dresden, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Nuremberg|
|Greece||Chania, Corfu, Cephalonia, Kos, Rhodes, Athens, Thessaloniki|
|France||La Rochelle, Limoges, Lourdes, Marseille, Nantes, Nice|
|Portugal||Ponta Delgada, Faro, Lisbon, Ponta Delgada|
|Croatia||Pula, Rijeka, Zadar, Jerez de la Frontera|
|Morocco||Agadir, Essaouira, Fez, Marrakesh, Rabat|
|Ireland||Belfast, Cork, Dublin, Kerry, Shannon|
|Denmark||Aalborg, Aarhus, Bilund, Denmark|
|Lithuania||Kaunas, Palanga, Vilnius|
|Czechia||Brno, Ostrava, Prague|
|Jet2.com||Spain||Alicante, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Málaga, Tenerife, Almería, Girona, Ibiza, Menorca, Murcia, Palma de Mallorca, Reus|
|Greece||Chania, Corfu, Heraklion, Kefalonia, Kos, Rhodes, Thessaloniki, Zakynthos|
|Turkey||Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Izmir|
|Croatia||Dubrovnik, Pula, Split|
|Italy||Naples, Turin, Verona|
|France||Grenoble, Lyon, Nice|
|Easyjet||France||Nice, Paris , Bastia, Grenoble, Lyon|
|Spain||Bilbao, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca|
|United Kingdom||Edinburgh, Glasgow|
|TUI Airways||Spain||Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Menorca, Palma de Mallorca|
|Greece||Corfu, Heraklion, Kefalonia, Kos, Rhodes, Zakynthos|
|British Airways||Spain||Ibiza, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca|
|Titan Airways||France||Calvi, Chambéry, Tarbes|
|Air Corsica||France||Ajaccio, Bastia, Calvi, Figari|
|Pegasus Airlines||Turkey||Istanbul, Izmir|
|Air India||India||Amritsar, Mumbai|
|Freebird Airlines||Turkey||Antalya, Dalaman|
|Emirates||United Arab Emirates||Dubai|
Stansted Airport News
Get all the latest news or updates on scheduled flights, Stansted arrivals, and departures, etc, on their official website here.
Stansted Airport Weather Delays
Mainly the reason behind Stansted Airport delays is extreme weather, or air traffic congestion. In such adverse weather conditions, or when it’s not your fault you should check your flight’s status and speak to your airline crew, or alternatively look for your rights.
International Legal Strategist