Manchester Airport Delays or Cancellations
For Manchester Airport flight delays or cancellations, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ under EU law EC 261.
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim.
Manchester flight delay or cancellation rights
Are you one of the victims facing flight delays or cancellations, and don’t know how to go about it?
Here is all you need to know when your flight was delayed or cancelled. You may have the right to compensation or refund.
You may be eligible for compensation if …
- You reached the final destination later than 3 hours
- You have been departed from Manchester Airport
- You arrived at Manchester Airport with an EU-registered airline
- And, the delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
How much you can claim?
What to do if your flight was delayed or cancelled?
- Ask the airline for a reason behind flight disruption
- Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- Note the actual arrival time, when you landed at the final destination
- Collect additional evidence (e.g. photos, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- Check if you are eligible for compensation
- Assign us with your case for a hassle-free claim
Passenger Rights under EU 261 Rule
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines, if the airline was responsible for …
- ✔ flight delays: if you reached the final destination with more than 3 hours delay
- ✔ flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without any prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days of departure
- ✔ denied boarding: if you were denied to board your flight due to overselling of flight tickets.
- ✔ missed connecting flight: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Whereas, if the flight disruptions were caused due to some extraordinary circumstances there is no compensation.
Examples of such circumstances include strike action (pilot strike, air traffic control strike, etc), security threats, tsunami, extreme bad weather conditions, or any ‘Act of God’.
Manchester Airport Flight Delays
Under EU Regulation 261/2004, you are entitled to financial compensation or refund for longer flight delays.
Let’s understand, under what circumstances you can claim compensation and when you can ask for a refund.
Manchester arrivals delays
For flight delays over three hours on arrivals, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ (or £510).
How much can you claim for Manchester Airport delays ?
The amount that you can claim depends on the length of the delay and distance of your flight:
|Origin and Destination||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|Within EU||Less than 1500 km||250€|
|Over 1500 km||400€|
|Between EU Airport – Non EU Airport||Less than 1500km||250€|
|Between 1500 to 3500 km||400€|
|Over 3500 km||600€|
Manchester Airport departure delays
When the flight delays over 2 hours, the airline must offer you …
- free meals and refreshments
- 2 free phone calls, and access to email or fax
For flight delays of more than 5 hours
- You should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively if you were not willing to travel, you can ask for a refund.
- For an overnight delay or when stay becomes necessary, hotel accommodation and transport facility is the airlines’ responsibility.
Manchester Airport Flight Cancellations
Flights cancelled at Manchester Airport without prior notice of at least 14 days, you can either apply for a refund, or you may ask for an alternate flight.
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation. You can claim compensation between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- length of delay, and
- route distance
How much you can claim?
Missed Flight Connection
You may be eligible for missed flight compensation up to 600€ under the European Union Regulation EC261, if …
- the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a delay or cancellation of your first flight, and
- the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
How to claim compensation for Manchester flight delays?
We are specialized in helping air passengers get their compensation from the airline.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further information,and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf by representing you in front of the airline.
- After checking the details and cause of the delay or cancellation, we will take care of the whole process.
- If we do get your compensation, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT.
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today
Why choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win = No fees. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Let us fight for your rights !
Useful Information On:
Manchester Airport is an international airport located in England, and it was initially opened on 25th June, 1938. Earlier it was known as Ringway Airport.
Manchester Airport ranked as the 3rd busiest airport in the United Kingdom in terms of the number of passengers carried till 2018.
Manchester Airport has capacity to carry up to 50 million passengers annually. As per the Wikipedia report, in 2019, the total passengers’ traffic at Manchester Airport was around 29 million passengers.
IATA & ICAO Code
The IATA code of Manchester Airport is “MAN” and the ICAO code is “EGCC”.
Hub, and Base
It’s one of the focus cities for EasyJet, Jet2.com, Loganair, Ryanair, TUI Airways, AirTanker, and Virgin Atlantic flights, and is operating as a hub for Flybe airline.
Manchester Airport Terminals
The airport has three 3 passenger terminals and goods terminal, Terminal 1, 2, 3 and PremiAir VIP Terminal.
Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 both are connected by skylink, whereas Terminal 3 is linked to Terminal 1 via skylink.
Terminal 1 & Terminal 2: Both are used by scheduled and charter airlines which are flying to European and Worldwide destinations.
Terminal 1 is the largest terminal at Manchester Airport. It will be closed and demolished by around 2022.
Terminal 3: This terminal is primarily used for codeshare partner alliance (Oneworld alliance).
PremiAir VIP Terminal: It offers business and leisure travellers alike the best travel experience. From lounges with amazing runway views to local cuisine made fresh to order. It has the best security offering and smooth transfers to your aircraft.
Airlines & Destinations:
|EasyJet||Spain||Alicante, Bilbao, Gibraltar, Malaga, Tenerife|
|Italy||Milan-Malpensa, Catania, Pisa, Venice|
|Germany||Berlin-Schönefeld, Hamburg, Munich|
|France||Marseille, Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
|Israel||Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion|
|Ryanair||Spain||Alicante, Barcelona, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Tenerife, Valencia, Madrid, Murcia|
|Poland||Gdansk, Krakow, Rzeszow, Warsaw-Modlin|
|France||Beauvais, Carcassonne, Limoges|
|TUI Airways (formerly, Thomson Airways)||Spain||Alicante, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Fuerteventura, La Palma, Malaga|
|Dominican Republic||Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana|
|Cape Verde||Boa Vista, Sal|
|Flybe||United Kingdom||Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Exeter, Newquay, Southampton|
|France||Lyon, Nantes, Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport|
|Jet2.com||Spain||Alicante, Malaga, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Tenerife|
|Czech Republic||Prague||Norwegian Air Shuttle||Norway||Oslo-Gardermoen, Stavanger|
|Scandinavian Airlines||Norway||Bergen, Oslo-Gardermoen|
|Virgin Atlantic||Barbados||Seawell/Christ Church|
|Flybe operated by Loganair||United Kingdom||Inverness, Norwich, Glasgow|
|Pakistan International Airlines||Pakistan||Islamabad, Lahore|
|American Airlines||United States||New York, Philadelphia|
|Etihad Airways||United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi|
|United Airlines||United States||Newark|
|Emirates||United Arab Emirates||Dubai|
Manchester Airport Check-in
There are several check-in zones available across all the terminals. You may check the information boards to find out the check-in desks you need. The airport has many check-in facilities such as self-service, online and Express check-in.
Manchester Airport News
Get all the latest news or updates on scheduled flights, Manchester Airport arrivals, and departures, etc. on their official website here.
Manchester Airport Weather Delays
One of the significant reasons behind delays at Manchester Airport is when the runways are covered in snow and ice.
There are many weather warnings announced at the airport during adverse weather conditions such as strong winds, fog and rain, which causes flight disruption.
In such circumstances when it’s not your fault, you should check your flight’s status and speak to the airline crew, or alternatively look for your rights.