Air Serbia Flight Delay Compensation
If your Air Serbia flight delays for more than 3 hours, or was cancelled without prior notice, you may be eligible for compensation up to 600€ based on EU 261 rule.
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim:
Air Serbia Passengers’ Rights Under EC Regulation 261/2004
EC Regulation 261/2004 (dated 17 February 2005) applies to passengers departing from an EU airport, or from a non-EU airport with an EU airline to an EU destination.
Passengers must note that flight delay compensation is subject to certain conditions and exceptions. There will be no compensation for a delay/cancellation caused by extraordinary circumstances, under which such delay/cancellation becomes unavoidable. Examples of such situations include bad weather or security concerns such as fear of a terror attack. In such situations, passengers will not be given any compensation.
Nevertheless, if there is a delay of more than 4 hours for a flight of 3500 km or more; delay of 3 hours or more in intra-community flight of 1500 km or more; and delay of 2 hours in case of flight of 1500 km or less, the passenger is entitled to compensation under EU norms as set by the Regulation. This entitlement is when the delay is not caused by extraordinary circumstances. If the delay is more than 5 hours, the passenger is entitled to cancel his reservation and claim compensation.
The thumb of the rule for both delayed flights and cancelled flights are as follows:
- Flights of 1500 km or less: compensation amount is 250 euros.
- Flights of 1500 km to 3500 km: compensation amount is 400 euros.
- Flights of more than 3500 km: compensation amount is 600 euros.
Thanks to the regulation, passengers need not worry as flight delay/cancellation compensation claim norms are in place. If you want to travel by any airline, you may be rest assured in case of delayed or cancelled flights; your interests will be protected. In case passengers are not able to claim compensation from the airlines, we can help the Airline Passenger to get their money owed by the airlines.
Claim Flights Delayed Flight Compensation Calculator can be used to calculate the amount you can claim from the airlines by providing some information about your flights, i.e., flight number, flight date and reason of flight delay or cancellation. You may need to enter further details about yourself & co-passengers for whom you would like to claim the compensation from the airlines.
About Air Serbia
Founded in 1992, as Jat Airways, Air Serbia commenced its operations in 2013 and it is the Serbian flag carrier airline. It is owned by the Serbian Government, which controls 51 percent of its shares. The rest 49 percent stake is owned by Etihad Airways. Its headquarters are located in Belgrade, Serbia.
Air Serbia’s subsidiaries include Air Serbia Technical and Air Serbia Ground Services. Aviolet is a charter flight that has recently commenced operations under Air Serbia.
Air Serbia has code-share agreements with many airlines including Alitalia, KLM, Etihad, Aeroflot, Air Berlin, Air France and Air China.
Air Serbia flies to about 40 destinations in Europe, North America, and United Arab Emirates. Major destinations include cities in Germany, United Kingdom, Belgium and many Eastern European cities. Air Serbia is set to start flights to Turkey and plans to operate flights to Egypt are also on the anvil.